DAUGHTERS & DADS COMING TO BERNIE MULLANE SPORTS COMPLEX
We are excited to host the Basketball NSW DAUGHTERS & DADS program at Bernie Mullane Sports Complex starting this Sunday.
The Daughters & Dads program is aimed at young girls aged 5-12-years-old and who are new to basketball.
Daughters & Dads Basketball has been designed to address barriers to girls’ participation in basketball by providing:
- Coaching and skills practice for girls with dads as their ‘personal’ coaches.
- Girls with the knowledge of the game. Fathers with key parenting and coaching skills to improve their daughters’ skills and engagement in basketball.
- An evidence-based program that targets girls’ social-emotional skills (e.g., resilience, persistence, bravery).
- Strategies to empower girls to be aware of gender prejudice and overcome barriers using critical thinking and the support of their dads.
- An innovative home program that targets social-emotional skills, father-daughter bonding, basketball skills practice and a host of engaging and educational basketball-related activities.
Sessions will be held over 9 weeks, commencing this Sunday, 5 February at Bernie Mullane Sports Complex.
Registrations for Term 1 programs are open and filling up fast – Click here to book.
Date(s): Term 1 (Sunday 5 February – Sunday 2 April 2023)
Venue: Bernie Mullane Sports Complex, Marella Avenue, Kellyville, NSW, 2155.
Cost: $150 (includes Daughter and Dad) Paid directly to BNSW.
The Daughters & Dads program is brought to you by Basketball NSW in partnership with the NSW Government and FIBA Women’s Basketball World Cup
For further information please contact Rachel Herrick Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 8765 8555.