Hills Basketball Association Inc
ONE HEART, ONE BEAT, ONE CLUB
Established in 1984 and incorporated since 1989, the Association built the Hills Basketball Stadium in 1995 and quickly grew to become one of the largest and most professional basketball associations within New South Wales. Hills Basketball Association is affiliated with NSW Basketball and Basketball Australia.
The Hills Basketball Stadium is the home of the Hills Basketball Association, the consistently successful Hills Hornets Representative Program, our award winning Referee & Officials Programs and the outstanding Hornets Academy Program.
- Not-for-profit sporting organisation established in 1984.
- Incorporated in 1989. Currently transitioning to a company limited by guarantee. This move will not change the organisation’s not-for-profit status.
- Built the Hills Basketball Stadium in 1995. Extended facility to a 6-court venue in 2017.
- Obtained a 5-year lease of the Dural Recreation Centre in 2018. Known as Hills Hornets Dural.
- Over 625 teams compete in local basketball competitions at the Hills Basketball Stadium.
- Over 300 local competition games are conducted each week.
- Over 5,000 players participate in local competition games, run seven days per week.
- There are currently in excess of 230 qualified Referees officiating these games.
- More than 1,200 children are involved in the Hornets Academy (skills sessions) each week, making it one of the largest development programs in Australia.
- Over 8,000 spectators attend Hills Basketball Association directed venues each week.
- Hills Basketball Association currently has 23 junior and 6 senior representative teams.
- Hills Basketball Association and Blues Wheelchair Basketball Club jointly manage the Blue Hornets, two national league wheelchair teams.