REPRESENTATIVE TRIALS 2020
THE EXPECTATIONS FOR THE 2020 SEASON HAVE BEEN SET HIGH, WITH BOTH THE NEW CURRICULUM READY FOR IMPLEMENTATION WITH A NEW TEAM OF EDUCATORS AND CURRICULUM COACHES. GOOD LUCK, LET THE TRIALS BEGIN!
Next session date/time/venue will be provided on the team squad list. Players may be cut from the squad at any time during trial period. Squad lists will be posted on the TEAM SQUAD LIST by Tuesday 5pm following each trial. Those listed will be required to attend the following trial.
- Players MUST register online and pay a one off $20 fee for the trial and must be completed by Friday 1st November (10am) or at the venue on the day of trial (30 minutes prior to allocated timeslot)
- Players may be cut from the squad at any time during trial period.
- Squad lists will be posted on the website by Tuesday afternoon following each trial. Those listed will be required to attend the following trial.
- Players who withdrew from a 2020 Hornets team after teams were announced will not be considered for selection for 12 months.
- Players are asked to wear a light/dark reversible singlet to trials.
- Athletes & parents are required to read the Hornets Handbook prior to attending trials.
- All trials are held at the Hills Basketball Stadium, Fred Caterson Reserve, Castle Hill.
- All selected players and a parent will be required to attend the compulsory team meeting. Day & time to be confirmed.
Under 12 Boys – Born 2009 & 2010 | Sunday 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th November | 8am-10am
Under 12 Girls – Born 2009 & 2010 | 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th November | 8am-10am
Under 14 Boys – Born 2007 & 2008 | Sunday 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th November | 10am-12n
Under 14 Girls – Born 2007 & 2008 | 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th November | 10am-12n
Under 16 Boys – Born 2005 & 2006 | Sunday 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th November | 12n-2pm
Under 16 Girls – Born 2005 & 2006 | 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th November | 12n-2pm
Under 18 Boys – Born 2003 & 2004 | Sunday 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th November | 2pm-4pm
Under 18 Girls – Born 2003 & 2004 | 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th November | 2pm-4pm
Youth League Women – U23 / Senior Women | Saturday 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd November | 6.30-8.30pm
Youth League Men – U23 / Senior Men | Saturday 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd November | 6.30pm-8.30pm
Hills Representative Program will accept a maximum of two transfers per junior age group from other Representative Associations competing in the Waratah Junior Metro League. Players who have moved into The Hills Council region are not classified as transfers.
Players looking to trial from another Club must complete the attached ‘Permission to Trial’ form & submit prior to trialling. Click here to download a Permission to Trial Form.
NSW CLEARANCE FORM | If selected in a Hills Hornets Representative team player clearance will be processed by Hills Basketball Association online with the previous Association. Please note that clearances can be blocked due to outstanding monies or clothing to the Association the play is leaving from.
INTERSTATE CLEARANCE FORM | If selected in a Hills Hornets Representative teams interstate players must complete an Interstate Clearance Form. Click here to download an Interstate Clearance Form.
If you wish to be considered for any representative team and you are injured or unwell to trial you need to email firstname.lastname@example.org and inform the nature of your issue accompanied with Medical Certificate.
Our 2020 Representative Program trials have commenced. New development programs, additional high performance coaches and some unique opportunities will set the pace for 2020. Thank you to everyone who has trialed!
Congratulations to the following athletes who have been selected in a Hills Hornets Representative Team or Squad.
SENIOR WOMEN SQUADS | Born 2003 or earlier (updated 19/11/19 5pm)
*Junior Players (U18 top aged born 2003 only) are permitted to trial for Senior teams, however they must fulfill all their junior commitment first.