MINIBALL LOCAL COMPETITION
CHILDREN BORN 2009 – 2012
Is your child ready to play basketball?
Miniball is the first step for transitioning your child into playing local competition. Miniball caters for U9 – U12 age groups (2009 – 2012 born). It is recommended that Miniballers have previously participated in the Hornets Academy Skills program.
If you want to play Miniball in the Winter 2020 Competition but do not have a team, attend one of our Miniball Information Seminars.
MINIBALL COMPETITION INFORMATION
U9 | Girls born 2012 or later | Saturday
U9 | Boys born 2012 or later | Saturday
U10 | Girls born 2011 or later | Saturday
U10 | Boys born 2011 or later | Saturday
U11 | Girls born 2010 or later | Saturday
U11 | Boys born 2010 or later | Saturday
U12 | Girls born 2009 or later | Saturday
U12 | Boys born 2009 or later | Saturday
WINTER 2020 COMPETITION SCHEDULE
- Competition commences the week of Monday 27 April & concludes Sunday 26 September 2020.
- Week 1 Invoice #1 for Court Fees distributed
- Week 3 Invoice #1 closes online
- Week 4 Invoice #1 closed. Teams not permitted to play if full payment not received.
- Week 4 Uniform by-laws enforced
- Week 5 Team rosters finalised
- Week 5 – 9 Competitions reviewed
- Week 9 Invoice #2 for Court Fees distributed
- Week 11 Invoice #2 closes online.
- Week 12 Invoice #2 closed. Teams not permitted to play if full payment not received.
- Semi Final / Placing Week – 13 to 19 September 2020.
- Grand Final Week – 20 to 26 September 2020.
- Junior holiday break – Monday 6 July to Sunday 19 July 2020 (inclusive).
- Public Holidays – no competition played (all grades) on June Long Weekend (Sat 6 June, Sun 7 June, Mon 8 June)
Hills Hornets Castle Hill | Hills Basketball Stadium, Fred Caterson Reserve, Caterson Drive, Castle Hill.
Click here for further information.
Fees are broken into three sections to try and disperse costs over the season and assist both families and players with large upfront costs.
1.Player Registration (annual fee)
2.Team Entry Fee (per season to secure teams spot in the next competition)
3.Team Game Fees (broken into two invoices over the season)
1. PLAYER REGISTRATION FEE | Each player is required to pay an annual registration fee. Please note that all players are responsible for their own registration status. Registration can be completed online or at the front desk. If completing online customers should note that each user has a unique username & password. Any issues please contact email@example.com
Miniball Registration $100 or $95 online per annum*
Player Registration:- If your child participated in Term 1 2020 (9 week) Hornets Academy Skills Session and this is your first season of competition you are entitled to FREE registration. Please see staff for further details if you are eligible for free registration. This is for children born 2009-2012 only.
Miniball Affiliation $40 * Please note that Affiliation fee is ONLY for players who are currently registered at a NSW Basketball affiliated Association. Proof of registration is required when affiliating. Affiliated players can not pay affiliations online. All affiliations must be completed at the venue. Please note that affiliation expiry date must match your primary registration expiry.
2. TEAM ENTRY | One-off payment per team to secure position within a competition. $5 discount online.
Miniball Team Entry – $70 or $65 online (U9-U12 competitions) per team
3. GAME FEES | The game fee is a team cost. Based on actual games played, does not include byes or Grand Finals. The Team Manager will receive two invoices during the season for team game fees. Upon receipt of court fee invoice, the Team Manager is asked to advise team members their portion of game fees and ask them to pay their individual portion online.
Miniball Game Fees (U9-U12) $78 per game (Active Kids eligible)
* Lowered Ring Heights.
* On Floor Coach.
* Non-Competitive (Game Scores Not Displayed)