TOUGH WEEK FOR THE HORNETS COMMUNITY
Hot on the heels of our recent announcement of the suspension of all games and development programs at the Hive, the statement from the NSW Premier yesterday https://preview.nsw.gov.au/news/new-covid-19-restrictions-begin-as-schools-move-towards-online-learning has seen us forced to close our doors until further notice. As a result, we are required to cancel the remainder of Term 1 2020 development programs.
We realise this decision will disappoint our 1,200+ participants and their families however, obviously, we are left with no choice other than to support any measures which benefit the health of the community.
TERM 1 HORNETS ACADEMY REFUNDS
With Term 1 now cancelled, we can directly address refunds. Apologies for the delay however you will appreciate that this is a fluid and dynamic situation and we are dealing with unprecedented circumstances.
As updated on our website https://hillshornets.com.au/health-announcement/ at a minimum, Hills Basketball Association will meet legal requirements regarding refunds.
FORM DUE BY SUNDAY 5 APRIL 2020.
Please consider the following points when submitting a refund request:
- Hills Basketball Association is a not-for-profit community organisation with substantial debt relating to our upgraded facilities. We are also a small business doing its best to support staff through this difficult time. With these things in mind, we are providing an option to donate refunds owing, to Hills Basketball. To those members of our community who are in a position to do so, we will be extremely grateful however we fully understand that there are many people affected by the Covid-19 situation and this will not be an option for all.
- The NSW Government does not allow for transfer or refund of fees paid via Active Kids vouchers. As a result, customers who utilised their Active Kids voucher for the Term 1 session can only receive a refund of $15 per participant.
- We do not have the capability to transfer refunds to Term 2 so the only options are refund or donate.
- Refunds vary between $15 and $38.33 per participant.
- Participants who paid online MUST be refunded online.
- Participants who paid at the front desk will need to provide BSB and Account details.
- Participants must lodge a refund request by Sunday 5 April 2020.
- Participants should receive their refund during the week 6-12 April.